Chair Shesgreen is featured front and center in the photo accompanying this article…
Occupy Elgin will meet Saturday, June 24th from 1 PM till 2 PM at the corner of Kimball Street and Grove Street, We will have two messages that day.
1) HONOR THE PARIS CLIMATE ACCORDS.
2) TRUMP CARE IS NO CARE: CHOOSE EXPANDED AND IMPROVED MEDICARE FOR ALL.
Occupy Elgin will meet at our usual location, the corner of Kimball Street and Grove Avenue in Elgin, across from Gail Borden Library from 1 PM till 2 PM. Our Message will be Honor the Paris Climate Accord!
Like many people around the country, we are horrified by Trump’s decision to pull the US out of the accord. But we are inspired that so many people, even entire cities and states and institutions, have stepped forward to say that they will observe the Paris Accord by cutting greenhouse gasses and cutting their own carbon footprint.
We will keep up our part of the Paris Accords. We will take responsibility for making the earth livable for our children and grandchildren.
- Emergency Response Rally to Preserve the Paris Climate Accords. Chicago, Friday, June 2nd, 4:30 PM to 6 PM. Trump Tower followed by a Walk to Daley Plaza.
2) Saturday, June 3rd, 9 AM meeting of Fox Valley Citizens for Peace & Justice. Highland Avenue Church of the Brethren, (HACOB) 783 W. Highland Avenue, Elgin, 60123. I will send out an agenda for this meeting in a few days.
3) Friday, June 9th, 7 PM, Film Showing at Highland Avenue Church of the Brethren, (HACOB) about voter suppression. This event is free and open to all. Light refreshments provided.
4) Saturday, June 10th Aurora Green Fest at the Prisco Center in Aurora. FVC4PNJ will have a literature table.
Please have a look at this short but vigorous video of our Single Payer Health Care Rally on Saturday, April 8th in front of Sherman Hospital. The audio is poor, because of the wind, but the video is great.