On June 22, we paid a visit to Bill Foster (D) while he attended a private fundraiser outside of his district. Our Purpose? To remind him that the people of America OPPOSE the TPP and to send a clear message that he should not vote for this disastrous trade policy.
Walk with Fox Valley Citizens for Peace & Justice in Elgin's July 4th parade.
- If you oppose any new war in Iraq,
- if you are concerned about growing poverty and economic inequality,
- if you mourn the erosion of rights for working people,
- if you want to see stronger action to slow climate change,
- if you want to get money out of our elections,
Then definitely walk with us.
This is an opportunity to share our concerns with the 10,000 or more people who watch Elgin's parade each July 4th. It's a chance to participate in a deeper, more meaningful kind of patriotism, and to forge a new declaration of independence from the plutocracy that threatens to take over our country.
That's Friday, July 4th, 2014. We line up at 8:00 AM. Our line-up spot will be assinged soon and posted here. The parade steps off at 9:00 AM, and is over around 11:00. Call 847-742-6602 to let us know you are coming or to ask questions.